Friday, March 25, 2011

Back home with my Baby

I was away from my love for eight whole days, and then yesterday I got to take him back home. What a wonderful morning! The people at the vet's office were sad to see Batman go, and kept telling me how much they love him. (Of course they do- he's the perfect puppy!) They took him out of the back room to give him to me, and at first he didn't see me. They set him down and I called for him. His face went from terrified to excited. He ran and jumped on me, and I couldn't have been happier. All week I had been thinking about this moment, and worrying that he would be mad at me for leaving him. But my Batman was just as happy to see me as I was to see him.
For the first time ever he jumped into the car himself, without me having to chase after him. He ran from the car to our apartment, so eager to get home. And of course, as soon as he was in the front door he ran and found his kong. So predictable. I love that little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment