Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sorry it's been so long...

I know it's been about a month since my last post. We have started using GMail at work, which is what I use for this blog. But I have a different work log in, so if I want to post to my blog, I have to log out of all my work stuff and log in here. I feel bad about doing it at work, and that's really the only time I'm on the computer. Work isn't very busy right now, so I figured I'd catch you guys up.

Christmas is just around the corner and things have been busy!! Our house is all decorated, inside and out. Batman isn't interested in the holiday decorations, but Dexter likes to eat presents so we have to keep an eye on him. Things with Dexter have been great the last couple days. Thank goodness, because before that he was a devil dog!! He isn't potty trained, and the training hasn't been going well. I bleached and mopped all our floors last week because I was so disgusted. OF COURSE we clean up after every accident, but just the idea that there was dog mess on the floor makes me sick. Alex spends his days at home with the boys, and he's been doing a good job training Dexter. He is only having one or two accidents in the house each day, which is amazing. We've decided to start having the pups sleep in their kennels. (We started this last night.) They didn't seem to mind. Grandma Williams bought them each a great big cozy bed that we've put in their kennels. They spend a lot of time in there now on their own- I think they love them! Since I go to bed much earlier than Alex each night, I take the boys out before I go to bed, and Alex takes Dexter out before he goes to bed. Dex hasn't had an accident at night since we started this.

Batman and Dexter are absolutely best friends! I get nervous sometimes because they play rough, but they love each other. Dexter was being loud and destructive the other night, so I put him downstairs with Alex while Batman and I went upstairs to sleep. Batman sat by the bedroom door and whined. And whined. And whined. He hates being away from Dexter.

Of course, there's still jealousy. If one of the dogs is sitting with me on the couch, the other one has to be there, too. If Batman is playing on the floor and has NO interest in cuddling with me, all I have to do is pick up Dexter and Batman is attached to me! I love it!

Here are some recent pictures of the boys. (And one of me and Batman matching in our Christmas outfits.) We bought the pups matching sweaters- both because I want them to be warm and because they are super adorable! Also, you can see that they are ALWAYS cuddling up together!! So cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment